Friday 4 June 2010

Monadh Mor, Beinn Bhrotain, Mullach Chlach a Bhair, Sgor Gaoith

17 miles, 1170m ascent, 9 hours 45 mins

I was relieved not to have to carry a pack after the previous day and I felt stronger after a reasonable night's sleep and the end of my tummy bug.  Unfortunately Ben picked up where I left off and was experiencing the same bug which required some improvisation after all the wipes had run out.  I won't describe what that meant, but you can use your imagination.  We romped over Monadh Mor and Beinn Bhrotain, two new Munros for me, leaving just Ben Klibreck.  Most unfortunately, Ben fell in at an innocuous river crossing when he leaned over too far whilst I was carrying him across, causing me to stumble and have to sink to my knees in the water.  I placed him on his feet and told him to walk to the other side.  To my (and his) dismay he promptly fell in getting everything soaked.  I took everything off him, put on his spare fleece and his waterproof trousers and dried his clothes by carrying them in the breeze like a portable washing line.  By the top of Mullach Chlach a Bhair they were dry .  On the top we met a fellow walker whom we accompanied all the way to the next Munro.  I think both parties were glad of the company and Ben could talk to someone other than me.  The boggy traipse back to the tent wasn't as bad as feared and we had a lovely evening wondering round the tent in golden light.

Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment